LUX is offering a desk-based residency for emergent producers/ curators working with artists’ moving image for 12 months from June 2023- May 2024 at its building in Waterlow Park, North London.
The selected applicant(s) will be offered desk(s) in LUX’s open plan office in our building in Waterlow Park, Highgate. They will have access to desk space, research resources, mentoring, and advice from the LUX staff. This is an unpaid opportunity, but offers the following:
- Free desk space for a minimum of four days per week (Tuesday-Friday)
- Access to office space and facilities, including the use of Wi-Fi and other equipment, as well as use of the LUX library and collection
Candidates will need to bring their own laptop
- Ongoing mentorship, support, and fundraising advice throughout the year from LUX staff
- Free access to LUX events
- Access and introductions to LUX professional networks
- Use of LUX spaces for public events
The visual arts sector in the UK does not reflect the communities in which it works. LUX is committed to addressing this through all aspects of its work and we particularly seeks applications for this opportunity from those from black and other global majority backgrounds, from low income backgrounds and disabled people.
This opportunity is open to collectives as well as individuals. Please note we can only guarantee one desk at a time though, but it is possible for collectives to share.
To apply, please send an email with your CV, a note about your professional plans for 2023-4, and why you are interested in applying to this residency and any access needs you might have to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please contact Benjamin Cook, LUX Director at [email protected]
Deadline: 31 May 2023
We will try notify successful applications as soon as possible after the deadline.