ONLINE EXHIBITION: 27 May – 30 June 2021 on the LUX website – visit here
LUX is pleased to reopen our doors again with an on/offline exhibition Notes on Travecacceleration, featuring works by seven Brazilian artists and an accompanying video essay by the exhibition’s curator Ode.
Notes on Travecacceleration is an ongoing research project initiated by writer and curator Ode. As testament to the generative nature of this embodied research project, Ode expands Notes on Travecacceleration into a series of invitations to fellow travesti artists who share work in the context of a digital exhibition. Notes on Travecacceleration creates a space in which the curator and artists’ articulations of agency reverberate as refusals of translation or consumption into heteropatriarchal capitalism through embodiment, text, performance, music and moving image. In dialogue with one another, the shape, language and rhythm of the exhibition is constantly in flux.
Notes on Travecacceleration was curated by Ode upon invitation from LUX Curatorial Fellow Cairo Clarke. Works by Aun Helden, Bruna Kury, Castiel Vitorino Brasileiro, Jota Mombaça, Maria Clara Araújo, Ode with Ikaro Cavalcante (Occulted) and Joaquim Ramalho, Sumé Aguiar and Urias. Text accompanying the works written by Ode. Works translated and subtitled from Portuguese to English courtesy of Vita Evangelista.
This exhibition was originally conceived as an online exhibition and developed to take place both online and offline on the occasion of reopening.
Download Exhibition Booklet here
OFFLINE SCREENING: 27 May – 26 June 2021 at LUX
Open three days a week, Thursday – Saturday, 12 – 5pm. The duration of the screening is 84 minutes. Please book a timed slot in advance here.
Content consideration: Some of the works in this exhibition contain nudity, bodily fluids, needles and flashing lights.
- Please make sure to arrive on time. The screening is84 minutes long and will screen once within the 90-minute slot.
- Email us [email protected] if you wish to change or cancel your booking.
- All visitors and staff are asked to wear a face mask unless they are exempt from this requirement. We will have disposable masks available at the reception.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on the entry to the building.
- Please adhere to social distancing to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- Please stay home if you feel unwell.
If you have special access needs to attend our events please contact us at +44(0)20 3141 2960 or [email protected]