LUX building in Waterlow Park
LUX is a registered charity and not-for-profit company with offices in Waterlow Park in Highgate, London and in Glasgow supporting and promoting visual artists working with the moving image. It builds on the legacy of its predecessor organisations, The Lux Centre, London Video Arts and the London Filmmakers Co-operative which was founded in 1966. LUX represents Europe’s largest collection of film and video works made by artists which it loans for exhibitions and screenings worldwide, in addition to this it organises its own exhibitions and events, supports artists, runs courses and commissions artists, writers and supports research. It is currently seeking accredited museum status for its collection based in London and is a national portfolio organisation of Arts Council England.
LUX seeks committed trustees who are able to support a small organisation who deliver an ambitious programme. The board is an active one, engaged, involved and in regular communication with each other. There are typically 4 board meetings a year (over Zoom currently, but usually in person at Waterlow Park) plus contributions to other meetings and training around governance and organisational development as required. This is an unpaid position but training and support will be provided.
In recognition of our current needs as an organisation we are particularly seeking:
- Black & global majority trustees.
- D/deaf & disabled trustees.
- Trustees with a developed understanding of the legal obligations of Board governance as well as those with developed understandings of alternative organisational structures within arts charity frameworks.
- Trustees keen to actively develop these areas of knowledge through their engagement with the board.
- Trustees with specialist skills in finance; law; marketing; development; outreach/ community engagement and museums/collections who are keen to share and develop these skills in these areas as part of their engagement with the organisation.
- Trustees with good local networks that can support and advocate on behalf of our continued contributions to our local communities near our building in Waterlow Park.
If you are interested or would like to know more and speak to current trustees or staff in the first instance please contact Benjamin Cook, LUX Director at [email protected], if you would like to apply send a brief cover note outlining your interest and your CV to [email protected]