LUX is looking to support and develop an ongoing relationship with an emergent producer (of films or events) and/or curator engaged with the moving image by offering a desk-based residency over the period of one year.
We want to share our resources and try and address, in a small way, the restrictive costs of space in London for creative practitioners.
The selected applicant(s) will work independently throughout this period alongside LUX staff, but will be in residence at LUX’s building in Waterlow Park, Highgate. They will have access to desk space, research resources, mentoring, and advice from the LUX staff. This is an unpaid opportunity, but offers the following:
- Free desk space for up to five days per week
- Access to office space and facilities, including the use of Wi-Fi and other equipment, as well as use of the LUX library and collection
Candidates will need to bring their own laptop
- Ongoing mentorship, support, and fundraising advice throughout the year from LUX staff
- Free access to LUX events
- Access and introductions to LUX professional networks
- Negotiation of LUX spaces for public events
We particularly want to redress the imbalances in representation within our sector, and will prioritise applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, and those who consider themselves to be disabled.
This opportunity is open to individuals as well as collectives. Please note: we can only guarantee one desk at a time though, but it is possible for collectives to share.
To apply, please send an email with your CV, a note about your professional plans for 2018, and why you are interested in applying to this residency to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please contact Benjamin Cook at [email protected].
Deadline: 8th January 2018
We will try notify successful applications as soon as possible after the deadline.